The Poco C50 has been officially launched for the Indian markets today. This is an incredibly affordable Android smartphone, which has an HD+ LCD display powered by a MediaTek Helio A22 chipset onboard. It has similar specifications as the Redmi A1+ which made its debut in October last year.
The device is priced at an affordable price tag, carrying a 6.52 inch water drop notch display that boasts a 1600x720px HD+ resolution and 120Hz touch sampling rate, and scratch resistant glass protection. Inside, there is a MediaTek Helio A22 chipset that is paired with up to 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. For photography, it has got dual AI camera setup with LED flash on the rear side – 8MP primary with f/2.0 aperture and a depth sensor. On the front, there is a 5MP selfie camera that can shoot selfies and video calls. It sports a fingerprint scanner on the back side beneath the cameras.
The entire device is backed up by a large 5,000mAh battery pack that supports 10W standard charging. It comes packed in a premium leather like finish on the rear panel and comes preinstalled with the basic Android 12 Go Edition out of the box.
Here’s a specs recap of the Poco C50: AI
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio display, 400 nits brightness, 120Hz touch sampling rate
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 Go Edition
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, depth sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack, Top-ported loudspeaker, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9x 76.75x 9.09mm,; Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
The Poco C50 will be sold in two colors: Country Green and Royal Blue. The company says the device will be available to purchase through Flipkart from January 10th, starting at ₹6249 (~ $75) for the 2GB+32GB variant, and ₹6,999 (~ $85) for the 3GB+32GB model.