A few days ago, Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 12 and Note 12 Pro handsets for Indian markets. It was also expected that the company could unveil the Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed for India. However, it looks like it won’t launch outside the China. Instead, the manufacturer is rumored to launch another edition of the Redmi Note 12 series, and it scheduled for India, China, and other global markets.
Xiaomi insider, Kacper Skrzypek says the Chines tech giant has been working on a phone under the codename “marble”, and it will be called the Redmi Note 12 Turbo. This particular device will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, but the tipster hasn’t mentioned anything about the specific type of the chipset that the manufacturer adopts for this handset.
We should expect one more Redmi Note 12 device, #RedmiNote12Turbo. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about that except the fact it's powered by Qualcomm CPU and the device codename is "marble".— Kacper Skrzypek 🇵🇱 (@kacskrz) January 9, 2023
The source has confirmed Turbo model will be shipped with preinstalled Android 13 based MIUI 14 out of the box. No word on other specs of the device yet. But we guess, it will resemble the design and most of the specs of the Redmi Note 12/12 Pro in many aspects. Let’s have a look at the specs recap of the Redmi Note 12:
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1200 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 6nm Mobile Platform (2 GHz x 2 A78-based +1.8GHz x 6 A55-based Kryo CPUs)
- Adreno GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 165.88×76.21×7.98mm; Weight: 188g
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging