Sprint connected Samsung Galaxy Nexus owners should start checking Software Update settings on their handsets now. The manual update package of Android 4.2.1 build is now available for download. Google has posted the official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OTA update on its servers. The build number bumps up to GA02 (JOP40D.L700GA02).
Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS will get you improved Google Now, Photosphere support with 360 degree panoramas, Gesture Typing, new Clock app, Daydream screensaver, a Triple-tap support magnification and some more improvements. Users will be also able to use their fingers or the button at top right of the notification area to access quick settings.
Download the OTA update from the above link and flash it on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus handset. Keep in mind that your device should also be running build FH05 before trying to install the update manually. If you are running on stock recovery, follow the instructions below.
- Download the update file from the above link and keep it on your computer
- Rename the file to ‘update.zip’
- Switch off the handset
- Hold down the up position on the volume rocker while powering up the phone to enter the phone’s fastboot menu
- Use the volume rocker to navigate to ‘RECOVERY’ and select with the ‘power on/off/standby’ key to enter recovery mode
- Press Volume Up and the Power button together, Once you see an Android with a red exclamation point icon
- Scroll over to “apply update from adb.”
- Connect your Galaxy Nexus to a PC
- You should be having a latest version of adb (grab it from here) to support the sideload command
- Launch a command prompt (cmd) in the same directory as the JOP40D.GA02 zip file you’ve downloaded from the above link and type adb sideload c5ea6e959840.update_mysidspr_FH05_to_GA02.zip
- Your device should start installing the update at this point and you should see the progress bar that goes up to 100%
- Wait for some time the the installation process finishes successfully and let the the phone to reboot automatically