If you are a Nexus S 4G owner on Sprint and looking for the most awaited official Android ICS update, you can have it today. Finally, Sprint has officially announced that it it has begun the roll out of its much anticipated Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS update for the Samsung-made Google Nexus S 4G handsets. The OTA update pushes the build number to IMM76D.
here’s the full changelog of the Android 4.0 ICS update IMM76D for the Sprint Nexus S 4G:
- # Customizable favorites tray visible on all 5 home screens just above the hard keys
- # Contacts application replaced with a People application that provides improved integration with Gmail, Email, Google+ and other apps
- # Multitasking allows users easy access to switch between recently used applications by tapping and holding the Home key
- # Create folders on the home screen by dragging and dropping one app onto another to create a folder
- # New lock screen actions allow users to jump into the camera or pull down notifications to check messages, without unlocking the device
- # Swiping from left to right can dismiss individual notifications, close apps from the recent apps list, and close browser tabs
- # Data usage provide controls for monitoring and managing network data usage
- # Camera enhancements include capturing panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed
- # Android Beam allows two NRC-enabled devices to exchange favorite apps, contacts, music, videos and more.
The Android ICS update is being rolled out over the air (OTA), but is also available via manual update. You should receive the OTA notification alerts on your handset asking you to accept the update to install it. Be sure to back up your phone before installing it. If the update fails to reach your handset and if you’re feeling impatient, you could head into Menu –> Settings –> About phone –> System updates –>Tap Update Firmware or Update Android –> if you any update availability –> hit Install Now button –> Follow the on-screen instructions and wait till the upgrading process finishes successfully. Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich goodies. Be sure to give us a shout in the comments when the update finally makes its way to your handset.
Source: Sprint Community