Earlier this month, HTC and Microsoft rolled out their latest Windows Phone 8 update (build 10211) for HTC Windows Phone 8X handsets in the U.S. We’ve also witnessed the same update roll out, along with the camera fixes for the Nokia Lumia 920 handset. It looks like Microsoft is working hard to update their new Windows Phones for quiet some time.
The HTC 8X handset’s Portico update has begun its rollout in the United Kingdom, just over two weeks after it first arrived in the United States. The update is reaching T-Mobile UK connected HTC 8X handsets first. The new firmware update bumps the OS version of the handset up to 8.0.10211.204. The As we have already mentioned, the Protico update for HTC 8X includes “Keep Wi-Fi alive” feature under the lock screen, and added SMS Drafts feature, call rejecting feature via SMS, ‘Select All’ addition for easy deletion of the many messages, performance improvements, reliable Bluetooth connectivity and improved power management.
Here’s the official changelog of the update 10211 from Microsoft:
- Messaging improvements. A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.
- Text replies to incoming calls. Can’t take a call? Now you can send a prewritten text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. It’s a nice way to let people know that you’re not ignoring them.
- Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically—an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.
- Wi-Fi connectivity. Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
More efficient and reliable Bluetooth connectivity
If you are owner of T-Mobile UK HTC 8X handset, you will receive a pop-up message on your phone that will mark availability of the new update. Just in case if you haven’t automatically notified yet, you can manually check for the update by hitting up Settings –> Phone Update –> Check for Updates.
Via : WMPoweruser