Sony’s revamped 10-series welcomes a refreshed addition in the form of the Xperia 10 V. This adorable companion retains its fundamental concept of providing an excellent bundle at an accessible price point, while incorporating enhancements throughout. Alongside its flagship 1 V model, Sony has also unveiled its newest midrange offering, the Xperia 10 V.
Remarkably, it holds the title of being the lightest smartphone currently available with a 5,000 mAh battery. Weighing in at a mere 159 grams, the handset is impressively a few grams lighter than its predecessor.
The polycarbonate construction of the body undoubtedly contributes significantly to achieving such a slim profile, alongside the compact design and the inclusion of a 6.1-inch, full HD+ OLED display. Notably, Sony claims that the display on the Xperia 10 V is 1.5 times brighter compared to its predecessor, the Xperia 10 IV, but the refresh rate still remains at 60Hz. As before, it retains Sony’s signature 21:9 aspect ratio, ensuring a cinematic viewing experience without any notches or cutouts to interrupt the screen.
In comparison to its predecessor, the Xperia 10 V boasts an upgraded camera system. The primary 26mm lens now incorporates a new image sensor that is 1.6 times larger than the one found in the previous model. This enhancement promises improved image quality and enhanced low-light performance. Additionally, the smartphone features a 16mm ultrawide camera for capturing wide-angle shots and a 54mm telephoto/portrait lens, allowing users to achieve stunning portrait shots with appealing background blur.
One of the notable upgrades in the Xperia 10 V is its main camera. Equipped with a 48MP 1/2.0″ sensor featuring 0.8µm pixels and an f/1.8 lens with optical image stabilization, it promises enhanced image quality and improved low-light performance. Alongside the main camera, the device features an 8MP telephoto lens and an 8MP ultrawide lens, both sporting an f/2.2 aperture.
The telephoto lens offers 2x zoom capability, while the ultrawide lens boasts a wide 120-degree field of view (FoV). The inclusion of the telephoto lens remains one of the standout features of the Xperia 10 V in the mid-range segment. For selfies, the device houses an 8MP front-facing camera.
Continuing the trend, the Sony Xperia 10 V maintains the Snapdragon 695 chipset, offering reliable performance and efficiency similar to its predecessor, the Xperia 10 IV. It also retains the generous memory configuration of 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. Furthermore, users have the flexibility to expand the storage capacity using microSD cards, ensuring ample space for apps, media, and files.
The Xperia 10 V is powered by a sizable 5,000 mAh battery, which Sony claims will maintain at least 80% of its capacity even after three years of use. While the charging speed is not specified, it is reasonable to assume that it supports 21W charging over Power Delivery, similar to its predecessor.
In addition to its impressive battery capacity, the Xperia 10 V also boasts IP65/68 water and dust resistance, ensuring protection against splashes and submersion in water. This feature enhances the durability and longevity of the device.
Sony Xperia 10 V Specs recap:
- 6-inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 21:9 aspect ratio Wide display with 97% DCI-P3, Triluminous display for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 690 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 13
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.0″ sensor, 80° wide-angle lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 8MP 1/4″ 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1/4.4″ sensor for up to 10x hybrid zoom
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/4″ sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, 78° wide-angle lens
- Side-Mounted fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP65/68)
- 3.5mm audio jack, 360 Reality Audio Certified, 360 Reality Audio Upmix, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX adaptive
- Dimensions: 155 x 68 x 8.3 mm; Weight: 158g
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with up to 30W (USB PD) fast charging, Xperia Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, STAMINA Mode
Sony has made notable improvements in the audio department with the Xperia 10 V. The device now offers a stereo setup with dual front-facing stereo speakers, a pleasant surprise for a smartphone in this price range. Additionally, it retains the coveted 3.5mm audio jack, allowing users to connect their wired headphones. For those who prefer a wireless audio experience, the Xperia 10 V supports LDAC, enabling high-resolution audio streaming.
Undoubtedly, one of the most appealing aspects of this impressive smartphone is its price. Priced at €449/£399, the Xperia 10 V offers a solid package of features and specifications. It will be available in Lavender, Sage Green, White, and Black color options starting from the middle of June, providing users with a range of choices to suit their preferences.