The Xiaomi 11T units of the global varieties and the Poco F4 units of Europe varieties are lined up to get the update to the latest Android 13 based MIUI 14 OS. The latest update has version number MIUI 188.8.131.52 TKWMIXM for the Xiaomi 11T and MIUI 14.2.0 TLMEUXM for the Poco F4.
The MIUI update for both handsets requires a download of 3.1 GB. Please note that the update is starting with a small number of users who enrolled in Mi Pilot program, and will expand gradually. The update is seeding currently being pushed out for the 11T globally, its rollout for the Poco F4 is limited to Europe.
The update also brings the December 2022 Android security patch, along with the MIUI 14 goodies. Check out some of the highlights of the MIUI 14 build that your devices will be getting with this update:
- Optimized system architecture on the Android Kernel level with CPU, GPU and memory resource scheduling
- Lighter system firmware size and decreased memory usage
- Customizable folders with normal and large icons
- New widget options with various shapes and sizes
- You will get Flowers and pets widgets, which are animated Tamagotchi-like characters that live on your home screen.
- Duplicated file merger and improved text recognition to let you extract the images from photos
- A new toggle has been introduced in the control center that lets you assign Xiaomi accessories like wireless earbuds between Xiaomi devices via drag and drop.
- You can share your photos and your cloud subscription services with up to 9 people
- You can share your health tracking data from your smartwatch to help with the health tracking of family members.
It will take some time to for the update to hit your handsets. Meanwhile, you can check for updates by visiting Settings >> About Phone >> System updates >> Check for updates. There is a manual way to update too, if you are impatient. Hit the appropriate link here at below to download the MIUI 14 update in your handset.