Along with the Redmi Note 12 4G, Xiaomi’s latest offering, the Redmi 12C, has hit the Indian market with a bang! While the Redmi Note 12 4G caters to the mid-range segment with its attractive price tag and impressive specs, the Redmi 12C is a budget device that has created a buzz in the market with its notable features.
The Redmi 12C is priced under Rs 10,000, making it an affordable option for consumers looking for a budget-friendly device. Despite its low price, the device boasts an impressive set of specifications, including a large display, a big battery, the Helio G85 chipset, and a dual camera system with a whopping 50-megapixel resolution.
To delve deeper into the features of this phone, as well as its pricing and availability in India, let us take a comprehensive look at it.
The Redmi 12C is a phone that packs a punch with its impressive features. The phone boasts a large 6.71-inch IPS LCD panel that produces an HD+ resolution of 1650 x 720 pixels. The display offers a 20.6:9 aspect ratio, 500 nits of brightness, a 1500:1 contrast ratio, and a 70 percent NTSC color gamut. Moreover, the phone runs on Android 12 OS, which is overlaid with MIUI 13. However, it’s worth noting that the device comes with access to the MIUI dialer instead of the Google dialer.
The Redmi 12C is equipped with the Helio G85 chipset that provides the device with ample power to run smoothly. It is paired with up to 6 GB of LPDDR4x RAM, up to 5 GB of virtual RAM, and up to 128 GB of eMMC 5.1 storage, which offers ample space to store your data. Additionally, you can expand the storage further with a dedicated microSD card slot.
To ensure the privacy and security of its users, the Redmi 12C boasts a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and facial recognition technology. On the front, it has a 5-megapixel camera for selfies and video calls, while on the back, it flaunts a powerful 50-megapixel primary camera, along with a depth sensor and an LED flash, to capture stunning photographs and videos.
Battery life won’t be a problem with the 12C’s 5,000mAh battery that comes with 10W charging support. Additionally, the device comes with dual SIM support, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, a microUSB port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack for all your connectivity needs.
Here is a full specs recap of the Redmi 12C:
- Display: 6.71-inch IPS LCD panel with HD+ resolution of 1650 x 720 pixels, 20.6:9 aspect ratio, 500 nits of brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, and 70 percent NTSC color gamut.
- OS: Android 12 with MIUI 13 overlay.
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G85 chipset.
- RAM: Up to 6 GB of LPDDR4x RAM.
- Storage: Up to 128 GB of eMMC 5.1 storage, expandable via a dedicated microSD card slot.
- Security: Rear-facing fingerprint scanner and face unlock.
- Front Camera: 5-megapixel camera.
- Rear Camera: 50-megapixel main camera, depth sensor, and LED flash.
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery with 10W charging support.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, microUSB port, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Redmi 12C offers powerful specs at an affordable price. The device is available in two variants with different RAM and storage configurations. Here’s a breakdown of the pricing and configurations:
- Redmi 12C with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage priced at Rs 8,999 (~$109)
- Redmi 12C with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage priced at Rs 10,999 (~$134)
It will be sold in a range of eye-catching colors, including Graphite Grey, Ocean Blue, Mint Green, and Lavender Purple. Customers can purchase the device from April 6 onwards via various channels, such as Amazon India, Mi.com, Mi Store, and offline stores.