Following the second QPR2 beta update which released earlier this month, Google today started rolling out the fresh Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 update to the eligible Pixel smartphones. The QPR stands for “Quarterly Platform Release” and the users will be able to test out new features ahead of the official launch.
According to Google, the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 build is now rolling out for the Pixel 4a and 4a (5G), the Pixel 5 and 5a, the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro, as well as the Pixel 6a, along with Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro phones. Every Pixel phone that has listed will be upgraded to beta build version T2B3.230109.002. This update fixes a pretty long list of bugs, and it also has a bunch of improvements.
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3
- Release date: February 1, 2023
- Build: T2B3.230109.002
- Security patch level: January 2023
- Google Play services: 23.03.13
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 contains the January 2023 security patch update. Google usually releases QPR beta updates after rolling out the latest monthly Android security patches to the Pixel phones.
Here’s full changelog of Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3:
Developer-reported and user-reported issues
- Fixed an issue where notifications in a notification group were sometimes displayed with straight corners instead of rounded corners. (Issue #264287776, Issue #265529116)
- Fixed an issue where the message in the notification shade that indicates an active VPN connection overlapped with the message about apps with active foreground services. (Issue #266075977)
- Fixed an issue where the overflow menu couldn’t be accessed when editing Quick Settings tiles. (Issue #263484657)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a device with vibration enabled to vibrate for too long after it received a notification. (Issue #239676913)
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused messaging apps to crash or fail to send notifications.
- Fixed a GPU issue that prevented apps from using certain visual effects.
- Fixed an issue where Quick Settings tiles for a work profile were not added after setting up a new device.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Pixel launcher to crash when using the Search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a device from being unlocked using a pattern after the Google Assistant was activated.
- Fixed an issue in the com.android.qns system process that sometimes caused crashes.
- Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher that prevented Chinese text input from being recognized when typing in the Search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue where when entering and exiting Picture-in-picture (PiP) mode from an app after changing the screen orientation, the system Settings app crashed with a “Settings keeps stopping” message and then the system Settings app couldn’t be opened.
- Fixed an issue with the System UI that sometimes caused it to crash from a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue where the connection status of a Bluetooth device sometimes did not match the actual device state.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel launcher crashed when a user tapped a web search suggestion for a query term.
- Fixed an issue that caused status bar icons to overlap with the date text when font and display settings were set to their maximum level on a device.
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 system images are available for the Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro, as well as in the Android Emulator.
If you’d like to grab the update, you’ve to be going to be through the Android Beta Program. Sign-up for that here. If you are impatient, and can’t wait for the update to hit your handset, you can manually flash factory image or OTA files linked below. Hit the appropriate link below, based on your handset.
- Pixel 7 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a 5G: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a: Factory Image — OTA