At Huawei’s highly-anticipated event today, the tech giant made several exciting announcements regarding their latest premium smartphones and flagship foldable device. One of the standout devices unveiled was the Huawei Watch Ultimate, which features an unparalleled level of durability that surpasses all other smartwatches currently on the market. With the ability to submerge to a depth of 100 meters, the Ultimate is the perfect choice for professional divers and anyone who requires a highly durable and reliable wearable.
Not only does the Ultimate offer an unprecedented level of toughness, but it also boasts an impressive 1.5-inch LTPO AMOLED screen capable of reaching a remarkable 1,000 nits of brightness. The circular display also supports a wide range of refresh rates, ranging from 1Hz to 60Hz. Additionally, a sapphire glass cover graces the top of the display, while a nano-ceramic bezel elegantly frames it.
Its generous shell accommodates a powerful 530mAh battery that can provide up to 14 days of usage for regular users, while active users can expect around 8 days of battery life between charges. With Qi wireless charging, the bundled charger allows for quick and convenient charging in just 60 minutes, providing users with the ultimate level of convenience.
The device also comes equipped with a variety of sensors that allow for the measurement of heart rate, blood oxygen levels, and ECG. With these features and its exceptional durability, the Huawei Watch Ultimate is sure to be a highly sought-after wearable device among tech enthusiasts and professionals alike.
The company claims that this smartwatch is the first of its kind, featuring a case made from a highly durable and corrosion-resistant liquid metal that is primarily composed of zirconium. Additionally, the watch boasts a ceramic back case.
The Watch Ultimate by Huawei is equipped with 16 water-resistant structures that allow it to withstand immense pressure even when submerged deep in the ocean. In fact, the device has undergone rigorous testing to meet the ISO 22810 water resistance standard and the EN13319 device equipment standard, ensuring that it can function even after being submerged up to 110 meters for 24 hours or at a depth of 10 ATM.
The smartwatch also comes equipped with an Expedition Mode, catering specifically to outdoor enthusiasts. This feature utilizes dual-frequency five-system GNSS positioning capabilities to provide highly accurate mapping, even in remote areas. Additionally, it allows users to set waypoints, making it easier to navigate through the wilderness. Another impressive feature of the Watch Ultimate is its ability to track blood oxygen levels, which is particularly useful in high-altitude environments.
Huawei Watch Ultimate Full Specs
- 1.4-inch (466 x 466 pixels) 1-60Hz LTPO AMOLED display, Sapphire glass protection
- Compatible with HarmonyOS 2 or later, Android 6.0 or later, iOS 9.0 or later
- Three physical buttons, rotating the crown with support for long press, short press and other operations
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, air pressure sensor, Temperature Sensor, ambient light sensor, depth sensor
- Microphone and Speaker for calls via Bluetooth
- Water and Dust resistant (10 ATM / 100 meters)
- 20+ professional sports modes and 100+ basic sports modes, Sleep tracking, Heart rate tracking, SpO2 tracking, Skin temperature measurement
- Dimensions:48.5 x 48.5 x 13mm; Weight:76g (without the strap)
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS L1/L5, GALILEO E1/E5a, QZSS L1/L5 dual-frequency, NFC, Two-way Beidou satellite messages (China only)
- 530mAh battery with battery life of up to 14 days of typical use, 8 days with heavy use, Qi fast charge
The Huawei Watch Ultimate is crafted with a zirconium-based liquid metal case, providing both strength and durability. One of the watch’s straps is made of a new type of hydrogenated nitrile rubber, adding to its overall robustness. The bezel is made of ceramic, while the display is protected by sapphire glass.
The watch will be available for purchase in the United Kingdom and Europe starting from April 3, in two variants – Expedition Black (featuring a rubber strap) or Voyage Blue (featuring an elegant metallic strap). The global pricing for the Huawei Watch Ultimate will be announced at a later date. Prices for the Chinese market have been set at CNY5,999 ($880/€800/£710) for the Expedition Black version and CNY6,999 ($1,025/€940/£830) for the Voyage Blue version.