A couple of weeks ago, Poco started selling the X5 5G, and X5 Pro 5G handsets in India, and today the company launched the Poco C55 for the Indian markets to rival th other affordable Android phones such as Moto e13 (which ships with Android 13), the Redmi A1+, and more.
The phone will become available on February 28 for ₹9,499 (approximately $115 or €111 at the current exchange rates) for the 4GB+64GB model, while the 6GB+128GB model costs at ₹10,999 (~ $133). It will be offered in Forest Green, Power Black and Cool Blue colours through Flipkart.
Early this year, the company also launched the Poco C50 with entry level specs powered by Helio A22 chipset. Today’s Poco C55 comes with a better chipset under the hood. The C55 has a water-drop notch display with better aspect ratio, ad leather kind of stitching design on its back side.
Specs wise, the Poco C55 is powered by the Helio G85 SoC, runs the outdated Android 12 based MIUI 13, and has 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB of storage onboard. It also has a microSD card slot for storage expansion of up to 1TB.
It is built around a 6.71″ HD+ LCD screen (1650×720 pixels) with a 60Hz refresh rate protected by Panda glass, and packs a 5,000 mAh battery that can charged through a USB-C port at up to 10W.
The Helio G85-powered smartphone comes with three cameras – a 50MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, along with a 2MP f/2.4 camera for handling macro shots. There’s a 5MP selfie shooter inside the punch hole.
Poco C55 Full Specs
- 6.71-inch HD+ display with 60Hz refresh rate, 120Hz touch sampling rate, Panda glass protection
- MediaTek Helio G85 12nm Octa Core processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- 50MP rear primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 168.76×76.41×8.77mm; Weight: 192g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB port
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
The Poco C55 is IP52-rated phone for dust and splash resistance and features a side-mounted fingerprint reader. It also has a 3.5mm headset jack, FM Radio, Dual 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.1 and GPS. Indian consumers can get discount up to Rs 1,000 through HDFC, SBI, and ICICI Banks.